Entry Drop-off dates:
August 29 & 30th between 9AM and 5PM
Awards Presentation and Reception
September 2nd from 2PM to 4PM
Pick-Up After Exhibit on:
September 26 – 27 between 9AM and 5PM
JUDGING AND PRIZES
Our "Paint DuPage" Themed show will have, One First Place Award ($400), One Second Place Award ($200), One Third Place Award ($100) Five Special Merit Awards ( $25.00 each) We will also have some gift certificates for Honorable Mention Awards.
The Work Itself
ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL! Copies of published Works of any kind are not permitted. Changing the Background, color or medium does not make it an original
- Photos used as reference material should be original.
- If Photo reference is not your own photo, unless you can document that the picture is in public domain (Totally free for the public to use), or unless you have the express written permission of its owner Don't copy it. If using reference material to make sure that your subject has overall good portions and accurate details, but the composition is your own, that is acceptable.
- Photography is considered original art. Digital photography must be an original photograph enhanced or manipulated by the artist on a computer.
- All entries must reflect the "Paint DuPage" theme.
- It is at the Exhibit Hanging Committee's discretion as to whether a piece qualifies to be hung in this show.
- No entry may have been shown and judged in any previous DPAL juried show.
- All entries must be fewer than 3 years old.
- All work must be dry!
- Only One Piece Per Artist.
- Work may not exceed 100", one length plus one width, inside frame dimensions. (For example, 40" x 60" = 100" and would qualify however, 45" x 60" = 105" would not.)
- A diptych or triptych will count as one entry. A pair of paintings related only in framing size will not qualify as a single entry
Improperly framed work will not be accepted!
- Only special canvas with tacks or staples on the back may be hung without a frame.
- Wires should be almost taut and the ends wrapped with masking tape. No saw-tooth hangers will be accepted.
- Three-dimensional artwork is defined as free standing and independent of wall installation.
- Sets of up to three pieces will count as one entry (e.g. teapot with a sugar and creamer).
- Jewelry may be entered in this show as individual piece or in cases that conform to size regulations. A case and contents will count as one entry.
- No kits, greenware, commercial molds or patterns, plastic flowers or bazaar novelty items are permitted.
REGISTRATION & FEE
On entry day, Please go to the register and Purchase an entry card for $20.00.
You need to complete three things for each entry:
- Sign your work in on the Gallery Master Registration sheet.
- Complete a Paint DuPage label (White Sticker) with your personal information and attach it to the back of the artwork.
- Fill out the Entry card with the required information. Slip this between the frame and the painting. If you are not a member, ask the volunteer at the desk to help you.
DONATIONS WHEN WORK SELLS
When work sells through a Gallery I Exhibit the check is made out to the artist. A copy of the sales receipt is enclosed. The artist then makes a donation equal to 25% of the sale price to the DuPage Art League.
Artists assume full responsibility for reporting to the IRS any income derived from sales through the DPAL and for payment of any tax liability.
Your artwork must be picked up on one of the two days before the next exhibit. You may send a representative to pick up your artwork. Sign work out on the Gallery Master Registration Sheet.
Items not removed after a show will be stored at the artist’s own risk for a period of not more than 60 days. Work not claimed after 60 days becomes the property of the DuPage Art League.
The DuPage Art League, its officers and its members will in no way be responsible for damage or loss, regardless of cause, of any student’s or exhibitor’s property. All possible care is taken to safeguard works of art. Submission of work in any category constitutes acceptance of the above conditions. Failure to accept these conditions will result in disqualification from exhibiting. Artists are encouraged to carry their own insurance on their work.
For more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org